Tuesday, August 23, 2005
*She's our tween! (Morgan)

Here is our Morgangirl. She got that name when she was in St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) the first 5 weeks of her life. The nurses called the babies either baby girl or baby boy and then added their last name. She was 'Baby Girl Cassaday'. When we got home, Morgangirl stuck. We don't use it all the time, just special times. She was our honeymoon souvenior, two months early. Honestly! She was due April 27th and suprised us on February 26th. We arrived at the hospital about 5am and she was born 8am. We didn't even have a camera. She fought hard those first five weeks, through surgery and learning to nurse. She was 4lbs 2oz and dropped down to 3lbs 8oz. Our gentle little fighter. God is good, cause look at her now!
Fast forward 10 years and here we are in our tween years. Yeah?! This has been a very different summer. Things are changing all over and I'm not sure I'm ready for it. These teenage years don't scare me, I just thought I had a few more years. The emotional outbrakes, the sudden interest in clothing, the make up, the hair, and the long stares in the mirror. One morning she cried in her oatmeal because she didn't want it. What? Yes she did! She spends more time in the mirror than me. Those of you who know me, know that that is alot of time! Don't even get me started on the showers she takes! I'm surprised she hasn't wrinkled away to nothingness. Where did my little preemie go?!
This girl is now a young lady and I am ok with letting her move up. She has such a sweet, compassionate heart and thinks of others first. Her smile and those baby blues just wrap around your heart and could melt it in a second. She has always been mature for her age, yet still maintaining her innocense. I love that. I am so proud of who she has become these last ten years. She loves God and serves Him willingly. She spends one Sunday a month in the preschool class and has done that for two years now. The kids love her. Not to mention she has recieved Top Honors in her class since Kindergaten. Did I mention that she wants to be a model? That is a story for another time! I will be need some input on that, too!
Her brothers love her tons, and she loves to mother (boss) them any chance she gets. We are all in training now for those babysitting years, (yes, her brothers are our guinea pigs) and she has been left with them for the first time this summer, by themselves (ok moms out there, just about an hour at a time during the day!) She loves the Food Network and The Disney Channel. I think if she had her choice, she would choose the Food Network over the other. She has taken up cooking this summer and is having fun with that. Me too, are you kidding? we now have another cook in the house and it's not me! Yeah! Her favorite songs are 'Butterfly Kisses' by Bob Carlise and 'In My Daughter's Eyes' by Martina McBride. One is her dad's song and one is her mom's song. They both bring me to tears every time I hear them.
Ok, back to this tween thing. Any advice out there for me the mom and Morgan the 10 year old is very much welcomed and highly recommended! Please hurry!
To my Morgangirl, Thank you for the love and patience you have for me. Your are my inspiration and my future. You are the best big sister and an awesome example of God's light. You are my sunshine and I love you more than a thousand red M & M's! And here I am holding and squeezing your hand - 1,2,3! I love you Morgan Lorraine. xoxo




