Saturday, August 20, 2005
*No he didn't! (Jacob)

This is Jake, our five year old. He is quiet a character. The middle child, likes to be alone and full of creative energy. Our neighbor found him playing in the driveway with the garage door opened. From inside the garage he closes and then opens the door by hitting the opener on the wall, then he runs under the door and hangs on until it reaches the top and jumps down. Laughing all the way, he would have keep it up if our neighbor didn't knock on our door to 'let us know what he was up to.' He also can scale an inside door frame with all four limbs to the top. Now he scales one side of the door frame with all four limbs. He loves the creatively freak mom out! Dad just laughs at him, which only encourages the little guy.
This is our child who walked the day he turned 9 months old, running at 10 months. I have video footage to prove it! He is also very inquisitive and asks quesitons that really makes you think. "If an airplane went into a volcano, would it explode?" This was actually last years question. "If you and daddy are married, that means I am half of you and half of daddy, right?" There are too many more to think of right now.
Today we went to a water park with friends. We were rushing and packing, packing and rushing. Finally into the car and off on our journey. On the road taking a mental note of things we have packed, I said, "I forgot the towels! How could I forget the towels!" Not turning back, I decided to just share with our friends when we got to the park. From the back seat I hear this questions, "What kind of mother are you?" No he didn't!!! I love you Jacob Joseph. Nothing this kid does (or says) surprises me, nothing.




