Tuesday, August 09, 2005

*Philly transplants in Seattle, and we love it!


We moved to Seattle, Washington in December 2000 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We are extremely involved in our church and have made great, godly friends. We go to the coolest, most awesome church ever! Our daughter has been in the school affiliated with the church since kindergarten, she is now entering 5th grade. Our son was one year old when we got here and is now entering kindergaten this fall. We added another son and he is our only full-blood Washingtonion, and they all love coffee! Can you say Starbucks! Yum! We live in such a beautiful state. The mountains are huge and the trees are so green. We have a Mt. Rainier veiw from our front porch, it's a must see. We bought our house two years ago this October and have alot of work to still do, cosmetic work. We sold 95% of our furniture before we left Philly and are still trying to build that back up. We're getting there! What do we miss most about the east coast? The food! Cheese Steaks, slices, Wing's To Go, Rita's water ice, Friendly's ice cream, soft pretzels, Tastykake's, Amoroso's rolls and Lee's hoagies - just to name a few. You would think I was now supermodel thin, but I'm not! Whatever! We do love all the drive-up espresso huts you can find on every other corner. I think we had a latte every day about three times a day for the first few months we were here. I don't think we slept a whole lot then. We have since backed off the coffee a bit, and we are now sleeping better! We also miss the Eagles, Phillies and Flyers! Maybe this year the Birds will go all the way! I must state that I do not miss the hot summers and the cold winters, although I think my husband does!
posted by Shannon @ 2:56 PM |

4 comments

<< Home