Sunday, June 04, 2006

*Congratulations, Jacob!

The Graduate and his family


Abe Lincoln Speech


Valedictorian Speech


Ms. Dickson


Jake in all his glory


Friday night we had the best ceremony and reception (that I'm so glad is over!) My little kindergarten graduate finished top in his class and was honored to give the closing Valedictorian speech. He also did the best Abraham Lincoln and recited part of the Gettysburg Address. I wish you could get the full effect of the fake beard and tall hat, I put alot of work into that thing! We are so proud of him! Don't know why the pics are so dark and blury? We had pretty close seats.

I am trying to upload a little video I took with our old digital, I hope it works. I never used it for video before and I never used 'You Tube' or 'Dropshots' before, either, wish me luck!

We told Jake if he did good on his speeches he could go out anywhere he wanted after graduation, I think I should have clarified a bit - he informed us he wanted to go to Disney! Way to be that BIG thinker, Jakey! He settled for IHOP, (instead of Cold Stone Creamery! Is this really my child? I tried to convince him, believe me!) He wanted himself some pancakes 10:00 at night! He also loved the '2006' fake ring that came with his cap and gown, you would have thought it was some 'bling'! You can kinda see it in the picture with his teacher, on his left pointer finger.

I really don't know what I'm going to do when they graduate from high school, you should have seen me! Talk about embarrassing your children. I think they should be used to it by now, with all the yelling and tears. Yeah, I'm sure they expect it now!

Be blessed little man, we are so proud of you! Enjoy your summer and Disney isn't too far away! Love, Mommy and Daddy xoxo

p.s. - A huge thank you to Ms. Dickson for such an awesome year. Your patience and love for these kids (especially Jake!) goes beyond want I ever expected. Jacob was blessed to have you this year! You rock and have a great summer! Two more year till you get Zack! Our prayers will be with you for sure! We love you, The Cassadays
posted by Shannon @ 5:12 PM |

11 comments

<< Home