Thursday, October 30, 2008

WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!




** Guest Blogger - Dottie Jo - Shannon's sis-in-law **

If you follow Shannon's blog, you know she is on a 10 day "internet-fast", and is staying away from Blogger, Myspace, Facebook, and the many, many other sites she posts on. :-)
She asked me to post for her in the event that the Phillies won the World Series, so here I am...I still can't believe it! Let me say that again...THE PHILLIES WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I thought about just putting a link to my own blog to get more readers, but I won't do that - although my blog is All American Girl, in case you are interested!)

Last night was unbelievable - in fact, this whole post season has been unbelievable if you live in the Philadelphia area. It's been 25 years since the city has had a Champion (the last was the Sixers in 1983) and 28 years for the Phillies. We almost did it in 1993, but we were robbed in the last game. Some people (including me) have blamed it on the William Penn (founder of Philadelphia) statue on top of City Hall. If you don't know the story, there was a "gentleman's agreement" made long time ago that Philadelphia would not build any buildings taller than the William Penn statue. And it didn't happen until 1987, when One Liberty Place was built. Since then there has been no championship.
Last year, a new building was built, the tallest in the city, the Comcast Center. And on top of this building is a miniature William Penn statue. He stands taller than anything in the city. You can see it in the middle of this beam - this is when the last beam was being hoisted.
And apparently, William Penn is happy, and the curse has been broken, because the PHILLIES WON THE WORLD SERIES!
I need to say it again - the PHILLIES WON THE WORLD SERIES!

The parade is scheduled for noon tomorrow, and it's going to be crazy. My husband is planning on going, and he'll be taking our son, Sean, who is 14 and will be gladly missing school. I wish I could go, but I have to work. If they do go, and they get any good pics, I'll post them on my blog.
So, good job, Shannon, on resisting the urge to post. Keep it up - only a few more days! Hope you liked the post! and Guess what??????????
THE PHILLIES WON THE WORLD SERIES!
posted by Shannon @ 9:19 AM |

0 comments

<< Home