Thursday, July 12, 2007

*Ocean Shores.












On the fourth, we went to the west coast!

For the first time in 6 1/2 years, we made the trip 3 hours west to the coast. Not too impressed, nothing compares to our Jersey Shores (we are soooo spoiled and are now talking/planning a trip there next summer!)

Some differences:

West Coast - very cold and windy, too cold to swim - wet sand
East Coast - hot, dry sand and cool water
West Coast - drive on the beach and can pitch a tent (we did not do this)
East Coast - boardwalks with amusements, shopping and lots of food
West Coast - kinda quiet
East Coast - never quiet

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. We did find an arcade and played mini golf. There was a cool indoor water park but we didn't bring suits or towels because we were told 'it's too cold for swimming'. The jetty was pretty neat (it's a group of large rocks separting the ocean and the shore, about 1/4 mile wide and about 5/6 miles long). We sat and watched the waves, but this was way too dangerous for me and I freaked out alittle when the boys were jumping from rock to rock. I think they need to be older and we won't do it again until then.

We really do miss the shores we grew up on and we will get our kids back there soon!

Here are a few pictures, enjoy! (I know they are somewhat out of order, but you get the idea!)
posted by Shannon @ 9:38 AM |

1 comments

<< Home