Wednesday, June 20, 2007
*Look Gradmom, we went painting!





Yes, we finally started (and I think, finished) grandmom's plate she picked out when she was here. She wanted it to match her new bathroom and I hope it does. She picked the plate/dish and the colors to be sponged and edged. Then the kids put thumbprint shaped hearts on the inside, their names will be printed next to their prints with an outline of the heart in black.
The kids took turns sponging and I just touched up a few areas. I think it turned out really green, even though we used 5 colors to sponge in the center. The edge paint is this exploding color/glaze, not really sure about this one! I can't wait to pick it up and see how it turned out. Here a few pictures for grandmom to see us in action! Mom, I'll call when we ship it and I hope the colors are okay.
We did something similar for my mom when she was here in October with all the grandkids and their thumbprints, too (my kids and my two nephews). My mom picked out a star jewlery box and she painted it her room colors. The kids pick their own color to stamp their thumbs on each point, then we had their names put on next to the prints. I'll post pictures of both when we pick this new one up!
We love you grandmom and we pray this will turn out the way you like and it will match everything!




