Tuesday, March 14, 2006
*New season in my life.
I (we) went through some new test last week and didn't want to post anything until we got the report back. Two Tuesday's ago I had an annual check with my ob/gyn. I mentioned a lump I found in my left breast and last Tuesday I went in for a mammogram and ultrasound. They found something that they wanted biopsied and I had that done on Thursday. Not fun and I'm glad Pete was in the room with me. I was told I would get a call this week. Well, Friday afternoon the pathology report came back and everything was benign. Praise God! I just have lumpy breasts that need to be monitored, fun I guess! We should get the radiologist report back this week, I was told that will probably just indicate I need to come back in 3-6 months for a follow mammogram and ultrasound. Again, praise God!I really thought that getting older would bring these kinds of tests on, but I guess I thought I had a few more years for this, (like 10-15 more!). Funny how you never think of this as 'for you', huh? I sometimes still feel like I'm in my twenties, but my body tells me different. I really feel like this is a wake up call to take better care of myself (not that there was anything I could do different to avoid this), but I mean to eat better and exercise more. When we get older that is what our bodies need more of.
Okay off my soapbox and I'm so glad to post this great news! Prayer does work and all glory goes to God! Love to the world of bloggers!!!
UPDATE: I did finally get the radiologist report back and I just have to go back for an ultrasound in 6 months. Nothing needs to come out or drained! Praise God!




